“Bottom-up” industrial planning
MBS developed a specific expertise in the development of bottom-up industrial plans. This kind of industrial plans take advantage of wide management involvement (top and middle) in order to identify key actions, evaluate outcomes and plan activities.
- Workshop with top management to define the plan guidelines
- Work partition in vertical and cross-functional clusters to involve the broader company base in developing key contents
- Outcome evaluation for every action taken based on measurable KPI; top-down target reconciliation with bottom-up evaluation
- Multi-stakeholder approach to evaluate effects and outcomes on every stakeholder involved in the industrial plan (shareholders, employees, suppliers, local community, …)
- A continuous and structured communication plan to engage the company, communicate main contents and evaluate results during implementation
- Monitoring tool for ongoing works and obtained results
The Bottom-up approach applied to the industrial plan increases its chances of success:
- It develops credible actions and quality results thanks to the whole management involvement
- Makes the management feel responsible for the final result, through its involvement during the decision making, outcomes evaluation and activity planning
- Takes into consideration all stakeholders involved/affected during implementation
This approach can be used in every business sector and with all companies.